I made this pasta for thanksgiving feast at school today. It came out pretty good and it was pretty easy to make. I used the rotini pasta from Safeway. I used the whole box as it was for more than 30 kids and many parents brought something to eat so I felt one box will be enough. Here goes the recipe I followed to make this pasta.
Nov 13, 2014
Nov 4, 2014
- Green Apple - 2
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 2-3 tsp (acc to taste)
- Hing - few generous pinches
- Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek/Methi seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Chop the apple into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the required amount of salt, mix it well and keep it aside for an hour.
- After an hour, heat the oil, crackle mustard seeds.
- Add methi seeds and fry it until golden brown.
- Mean time, add the required amount of chilli powder on top of the apple pieces along with few generous pinches of hing.
- Pour the hot oil tempering on top of the chilli powder and mix every thing well.
- Keep it aside for another half and hour and can be used after that.