I came across this recipe while browsing through Facebook. My dad usually take light dinner and this came out handy one day when I had nothing left in the fridge. Here is what I did.
- Wheat Rava/Godhuma Rava - 2 cups
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Sour Cream - 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Carrot - 1/4 cup (shred it nicely)
- green chilli- 3 (acc to taste)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dhall - 1/4 tsp
- channa Dhall - 1/4 tsp
- Hing - couple of pinches
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Eno fruit salt - 1/4 tsp
- Take the wheat rava in a vessel adding required amount of salt to it.
- add green chilli, carrots, coriander leaves, yogurt and sour cream to it and mix it well.
- Preheat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and fry both the dhall until golden brown and add this mix to the rava mix.
- Add hing to it and mix everything well. Keep it aside for couple of hours
- When you are ready to make idly, add eno salt and required amount of water to bring the rava mix to idly batter consistency.
- Grease idly mould with oil and scoop the batter in each mould.
- Steam cook it for 15 to 17 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Enjoy it with chutney or sambar. I served this with sambar.
- Original recipe did not add Eno salt.