I got the inspiration of making this dish from Priya's blog. I almost followed the same except few additions and deletions from hers. Here is my recipe for making this yummy dish.
- Finely Shredded Paneer - 1/2 cup
- Shredded Carrots - 1/4 cup
- Potato - 2 (medium sized)
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp (acc to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
- All Purpose flour - 1 - 1 1/2 tsp (can be replaced with Milk powder)
- Tomato Ketchup - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - for Frying kofta balls
- All purpose flour / corn flour - 2 tsp (for coating the kofta balls before frying)****
- Tomato Puree - 2 cups*
- Onion - 2 medium sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste -2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 3/4 tsp (acc to taste)**
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cashew paste - 1 1/2 tbsp ***
- Cardamom - 2
- cinnamon stick - a tiny piece
- Star anise - 1/2 piece
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Butter - 1 tbsp (unsalted)
- Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp
- Shredded Paneer - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
Now add the cashew paste to it and let it mix well with the masala paste. Add milk to the masala and let everything boil for another 5 to 7 minutes until everything mix well together. Adjust the consistency adding little amount of water to it. Turn off the stove. Dry roast the Kasuri methi. Crush it and add it to the gravy. When you are ready to serve, heat it once again if it cold. Add the fried kofta balls in it one by one. Garnish it with shredded paneer and coriander leaves and serve it hot with chapathis, naan or phulkas.
* - I did not have tomato puree. So I grind the fresh tomatoes and took the puree.
** - we can increase or decrease the amount of red chilli powder. We dont eat spicy gravy so I added less chilli powder.
*** - I did not have cashew paste. So I soaked 2 tsp cashews in couple of tbsp of milk and made this cashew paste.
**** - Priya used corn flour for rolling the kofta balls. I did not have corn flour. So she suggested me to roll it in all purpose flour instead. It worked out pretty good.