- Cooked Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Medium sized potato - 1 (boil and mash it)
- Onion - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Green peas - 1/4 cup ( I used frozen peas, cook it in microwave accordingly)
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain/omam - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp (acc to taste
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Maida/Corn flour - for coating.
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Take a wide bottomed vessel, add all the above ingredients one by one. Mix it nicely with hand.
- Make lemon sized balls out of it and keep it aside for 10 minutes. I made little bit bigger balls. With the above mentioned ingredients, I could make 7 tikkis.
- Heat a tawa with couple of tablespoons of oil. Now flatten the balls one by one in to one inch thick patties.
- sprinkle maida/corn flour/roasted sooji on top of it and cook it on medium flame so that both sides cook evenly.
- Add oil accordingly so that we get the crispy consistency. Leave it for few minutes so that it sets.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup.
This tikki recipe goes to fab-fast-food event. Please check out the Eat your veg and Bangers & Mash for the details of this month's challenge. And also to Pari's Only Dairy Free Event. This month this has been hosted by Priya.