This is a very easy breakfast recipe I made for my girls. If you have Idly batter ready, it will just take less than 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to steam the idly. Here goes the recipe.
- Idly Batter - 2 cups
- Onion - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Frozen peas - 1/4 cup
- frozen corn - 1/4 cup
- Idly Molagapodi - 1 1/2 tbsp (according to your taste)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - couple of pinches
- Salt to taste - Just for the vegetables
- oil- 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp. (finely chopped)
- Take a pan, preheat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add hing to it.
- Add the finely chopped onion and saute for few seconds.
- Add the frozen peas and corn and saute for few seconds
- Now add the finely chopped tomato along with salt, turmeric powder and idly molagapodi.
- Sprinkle a hand full of water and let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Check before adding the water as the frozen vegetables will already some water.
- It will become like a thokku. Now add the chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Let it cool for few minutes and add it to the idly batter. Mix it well.
- Scoop the batter in the pre-greased idly mould and steam cook it for 7 to 10 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serve it hot with chutney or sambar.
I am sending this recipe to Srivalli's Come, join us for Breakfast event.